Tingalpa’s Christ Church, known as The Bush Cathedral, was built in 1868 with generous donations from All Saints Bisham Church on the river Thames.

The first Anglican church to be consecrated, apart from the pro Cathedral, Christ Church was the only church between Kangaroo Point and Cleveland.

In 1885, a savage cyclone “threw down this pretty little church on Bulimba Creek”….. but this was not the end of the story.